Aug 30, 2011

Shutter (2004)

Plot: A young photographer and his girlfriend discover mysterious shadows in their photographs after a tragic accident. They soon learn that you can not escape your past.

This Thai movie is exceptional! It scared the shit out of me. And this is how horror movies should be! In fact, 75%+ of Asian horror movies turn out great (Ringu, Ju On, etc.). Ofc that the good old Hollywood is remaking all of them, and when I say remaking I mean ruining them.
I am writing this review a few years after Shutter was remaked, and just like I expected, it turned out bad, really bad.
Now back to the original Thai version; some parts even gave me goosebumps lol. It’s surprisingly good, and it doesn’t have cheesy dialogs and moments.
It starts out slow, but once the scares begin, it’s a rollercoaster! The story is really original and interesting. This is also one of my favorite horror movies.
So if you are a horror fan or just simply looking for a creepy movie, watch Shutter!
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE AMERICAN SHITTY REMAKE OF THIS FILM AT ALL! DO NOT WATCH IT! WATCH ORIGINAL THAI VERSION INSTEAD!

Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment